Saturday, May 15, 2010

Best Martial Art besides Jujitsu?

I know about Taek Wondo, muay tai, and traditional karate, but i want to know which would be the most helpful for mma. I have trained with some Jujitsus submissions and ground and pound techniques, but i want to do more. I%26#039;m an experienced wrestler and %26quot;Backyard%26quot; boxer, but i know mma requires more. Any suggestions?|||There is no best martial art. I have trained and taught for 6 years now in Jujitsu and karate. I have a nidan in mixed martial arts. I have fought in many tournaments. What I have learned is there is no best or superior style. Only a best style that fits the person and how they fight. Thats what you have to figure out. Are you a strong, powerful fighter or slow, graceful fighter. Pick the style that fits you.|||The best depends on you. I started martial arts (Krav Maga) in the Army (IDF) many years ago, so I am comfortable with it, as I am with SAMBO. Muay Thai has some great punches, kicks, elbows and knees. Kickboxing and Muay Thai are two good ones to get your stand up game going,





As a skilled wrestler, keep working on it, make it as tight as possible, and try kickboxing or MT for your stand up game, how much you get out of it will depend on you and your coach, your sweat and his training techniques.





Rashad Evans and Matt Hughes are two good examples of great wrestlers turned MMA stars, they learned a stand up game, approaching it as a skilled athlete looking to improve their games.|||by %26quot;jujitsu%26quot; I assume you mean the Brazilian grappling (which is actually the Gracie%26#039;s school of kosen judo and not traditional jujitsu at all). Traditional jujitsu is superior and more complete, you%26#039;ll be ready for anything, not just one opponent in a cage. But MMA is a stupid hobby anyway. You%26#039;ll end up with brain damage and you won%26#039;t make any money in the long run.|||Have you actually wrestled on a wrestling team? If you haven%26#039;t, I think you should explore that aspect of your arsenal before looking for something new. After you do that, move to BJJ.|||Krav Maga, Kali, JKD, or Systema|||Kajukenbo|||Paqua Chuang|||KALI!!!!!!!!!!!!|||Muay Tai would probally be best, with all of its diffrent strikes,etc.|||I would have to say wushu|||goju ryu or chin na would supliment well|||mud wrestling|||heart

No comments:

Post a Comment