Friday, May 21, 2010

Jujitsu dislocated shoulder :(???

Hi there I%26#039;m planning on taking jujitsu lessons and becoming a pro at it. But the problem is have dislocated my shoulder 3 times. I work out like lift weights and stuff.... but what worries me is when the people will flip me and twist my arm will it dislocate? I%26#039;m heart broken :(. What do you think??|||live with the fact





that%26#039;s all there is to do about it





Both of my knees are at an offset angle which makes that I have dislocated them manier times. The doctor says that it%26#039;s a hazard for me to do any sports whatsoever but that never stopped me before (if I listened to him I should have ended up in a wheelchair before I was 18)


I have even dislocated my knees in class only to pop them back in and continue training a little later on (if it wasn%26#039;t too bad)


It%26#039;s a fact I have to live with but I refuse to let it determine the course of my life.|||If i was in your position i would specifically take up a martial art or do weights to help.





i would never consider taking it easy on an old injury....





i would focus on building strength around the problem area. training seriously helps.





ive had problems with a knee, an ankle and a wrist.





kung fu and tai chi has been the best thing for it ive tried so far.





just remember to take it easy and to inform your master and training members when it might be an issue.|||I don%26#039;t know well about jujitsu, but I%26#039;m assuming it is similar to aikido (both are Japanese martial arts that emphasizes on grappling). A good thing to do is to ask your training partner not to do the moves seriously hard (in this case he/she%26#039;s the move executioner and you are the attacker/ training dummy), and also don%26#039;t resist when he executes the moves, the more you resist, the more painful it is. Your age is also an important factor here, if you%26#039;re still in your teens and you feel flexible, i think you%26#039;re safe, but if you%26#039;re already old, then be cautious. Remember don%26#039;t resist too much.|||Arm locks, wrist locks, etc. sting for a while but if you tap right away and slap the ground when you fall you should be okay. I have arthritis in 1 knee am in my early 50%26#039;s and still practice ju-jitsu. Just take it slow and don%26#039;t expect to be Royce Gracie in a year. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment