Monday, May 17, 2010

Brazilian jujitsu?

I am interested in taking classes in Brazilian jujitsu.





Does anyone know what it is like for amateurs to take lessons in this, or how common it is to find a place that teaches this?





Thank you.|||Jujitsu is fun. Had a blast from the very first class, and after 6 months began to really understand the core movements. Once you understand the core movements, everything else comes so easy.





Unlike many other arts, jujitsu has a defined strategy and operates on very specific parameters. All movements are based on angle and leverage, and once you get the %26quot;feel%26quot; for the correct angle, everything else comes easy.





At this level your school will spend about 20 minutes on instruction, and the rest on randori.|||Like Mikey said, I just started taking it after looking for a place to learn and I%26#039;m bruised up on my arms and legs. I think I can take that kind of thing and I like being put into that situation. I think that is the reason that BJJ is so effective. It is training against a real resisting opponent. When I took TKD I loved it and it was one of the best times of my life. Now that I%26#039;m getting older, I would rather skip the Katas and get right to the techniques. Look for the Dojos in your area and don%26#039;t settle on one until you have been able to go and check out all of them. There was a class closer to home for me, but when I went 17 miles out of the city there was another place where the teacher is a competitor, and it seems that the training was more Aggressive. Well, I prefered the more aggressive approach so I joined up. So check out everyone you can, they%26#039;ll usually let you get in on a class for free for a little %26quot;test drive%26quot;. Have fun and be ready to sweat.|||Amateurs generally find Brazilian Jujitsu easy to learn because it lacks the formality of a lot of conventional fighting styles. You start learning techniques and applying them from the very first class. Brazilian jujutsu has become very popular so you should be able to find a school near you.|||Yes it should be commmon but search the web for places near you. who knows where the closest one really is. I know my brother started taking classes for maybe a month and he came home with bruises everywhere on him so it%26#039;ll be quite rough for starting out but i%26#039;m sure if you stick with it it%26#039;s a great martial arts.|||u will be confused no doubting that but u will get used to it. im a 16yo female and i think it is fun i have been to around 20 classes and its not too hard to understand fter a while

No comments:

Post a Comment