Monday, May 17, 2010

A question about brazilian Jujitsu?

ok, here%26#039;s my question. when your grappling for Brazilian jujitsu, is it alright to not always go directly by the book and make up some moves as you go along? I%26#039;m new to the sport and have been grappling with one of my teachers and I%26#039;m not sure if I%26#039;m only supposed to use the moves i know or if I can implement a couple of my own moves into it. my teacher hasn%26#039;t said anything to me about using my improvised moves, but I%26#039;m not sure that she would.|||Well basically yes. If you create a move and it works then by all means go ahead and use it and your instructor should be ok with you using a move that is effective. Your an artist making your own picture. Your instructor is just giving you paints and a canvas|||since u%26#039;re new go by the book AS MUCH AS U CAN. with more experience u%26#039;ll know when and how to impovise more and what%26#039;s the right thing to do even by improvising. but trying to improvise TOO MUCH right now isn%26#039;t gonna help u much. you see that guy who says he%26#039;s a black belt and he does wathever he wants, this is true and it%26#039;s normal, now he can improvise more than when he had first started...basically i%26#039;m not saying u shouldn%26#039;t but don%26#039;t go crazy by improvising too much for now.|||I have been taking BJJ for years now, I have grappled with members of UFC like Matt riddle, etc. You can use what works for you, remember that the moves taught in BJJ are too be learned, but you may incorporate what works for you in them. Hope this helps, and good luck.|||Of course it is alright!





Do what ever it takes to submit/beat your opponent! The point of BJJ is to control and submit your opponent OR in a street fight seriously cripple your opponent!





If it works use it!!!!!!!!!!|||Improvisation is always ok, just make sure you don%26#039;t hurt anyone with your new move because they%26#039;re not expecting you to do that.|||I am a black belt in kempo karate and when we grapple I do whatever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment