Monday, May 17, 2010

Should I learn Brazilian Jujitsu?

I was taught formally in Karate, Judo, and Ti Qwon Do. My boyfriend learned Brazilian Jujitsu as kid in Brazil and he continued in the U.S. He is still signed up for this club and he insist I go.





Should I go? I know that it%26#039;s different than other martial arts and that it derives from a different culture...|||You should go for it Sara! I take Brazillian Jui-jitsu lesson myself too. Guess what, my sparring partner is a girl. Boy, she is tough as steel. I am much stronger than her, but I have trouble taking her down. Jiu-jitsu is about technique, not required much power or strength. In your case, please do not wait any longer. Just sign up with your boyfriend. Trust me, it is fun. I really enjoy it, and I know you will like it as well.





By the way, are you really the beast? You not the beast yet, until you beat me. Ok! I am just kidding.|||The first reply to your question is the worst answer I have ever seen.





The only time a woman (or anyone on the smaller side) is at a disadvantage is when you are striking (punching, kicking, etc) with someone bigger and stronger than you. NOT when you%26#039;re grappling like in BJJ.





Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is perfect for women because you use leverage to defeat your opponent and not pure strength. It is also an amazing rape defense.





Give BJJ a try...I%26#039;ll bet you keep going back for more! It%26#039;s very addicting.|||I%26#039;d say check out muay thai.|||Yes, it%26#039;s da best! Never pass on an opportunity to learn another style. Most fights end up on the ground so having a skill set to work with for ground fighting is essential if you are serious about self defense.|||only if you trying to become a Power Ranger|||%26quot;Give it a try who knows you may like it.%26quot;|||If so do it for fun not for self diffence, try Akido!!|||Look up for some info or videos on Debi Prucell, Erica Montoya, or Erin Toughill. That shoudl help you decide.|||yeah check it out. girls and jujitsu theres no better foreplay|||Give it a try who knows you may like it.





Your background with Judo might help you out a little too, seeing how Brazilian Jujitsu originates from Judo.|||Yes, give it a try. It is a superior ground fighting style....|||Check out this clip about Royce Gracie (Brazilian Pro Fighter)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGSg0Wlj5...

No comments:

Post a Comment