Saturday, May 15, 2010

I would like to learn kung fu/karate/judo/jujitsu. Advice? =)?

I%26#039;m 20 years old and have not participated in any kind of these self-defense disciplines and would like to.





I%26#039;m in shape and muscular and have been bodybuilding for eight years, and have a lot of strength.





Are there any recommendations as far as which discipline I should learn right from the start?





Also, how many days of the week would I have to attend?





Price?





Any info/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!





Jeff|||1) I am starting American Jiu-Jitsu lessons upon recommendation of a friend who has 10+ years in martial arts. Good for street fighting and defense oriented. I don%26#039;t expect to start fights but want to be able to defend myself.





2) The instructor suggested to me that 2 60-minute group classes a week was enough I could make %26quot;great strides%26quot;





3) I%26#039;m paying $125/month. I don%26#039;t know if that%26#039;s alot.





The most important thing I did was meet the instructor and get 2 introductory lessons from him, I like his personality and teaching style as well as the studio environment.|||If you live any where near hanover/gettysburg/littlestown u Could try Penn-mar HapKiDo It ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!


HapKiDo means that the defender must not be of great size or strenth to defend, but sternth would help!!!!!


you can attend any day of the week, and if you miss a class,


Its no problem!


call 359-9347 for deatils|||brazilian jiu-jitsu


bjj was never defeated by someone who doesn%26#039;t know it


search youtube for proof|||My advice is to take some classes.|||try karate if u have a chito ryu school near u do that or wado ryu maybe even shorin ryu or any really they are fun and interesting and will help u with your bodybuilding/ fitness/ flexability and vise versa

No comments:

Post a Comment