Monday, November 16, 2009

Will Brazilian Jujitsu help me with Wrestling?

In what ways? I don%26#039;t have access for Judo, So BJJ was the best I could do.





Is BJJ good to help my wrestling skills?





Thanks.|||I%26#039;m not familiar with much of wrestling but from what I%26#039;ve heard I think that Jui Jitsu will in fact help greatly. If I understood wrestling.


Basically in Jui Jitsu you do Locks, Chokes, Holds, and other subs. If any of those are in wrestling then I suggest you train with bjj. Also more importantly in bjj it%26#039;s about the smaller guy beating the bigger guy by getting the smarter position. It%26#039;s not all about strength. Which is good so that most physical differences won%26#039;t hold you back as long as you practice hard and know what you%26#039;re doing|||Jujitsu is jujitsu. It%26#039;s Japanese. Are you thinking of the Brasilian form of dance/fighting? It%26#039;s called capoeira. (ka po eh rah) Capoeira is a style of fighting created by black slaves in Brasil. They would practice it in slow motion so that it appeared to be a form of dance. This way they were safe from punishment from their owners for studying a martial art.


Integrating capoeira with exercises would certainly help with your wrestling . Capoeira demands flexibility and smoothness of motion as well as balance and timing.|||Absoultely! Judo is more about throws. BJJ is ground work and submissions. And the pay off is that your wrestling will help you with learning BJJ. Those two styles will feed each other.|||YES, JUJITSU IN GENERAL IS THE ART OF SUMBMISSION FIGHTING, LIKE AN ART OF PHYSCIAL ADVANTAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment