Thursday, November 12, 2009

How can I make a mat for jujitsu / judo?

I want to make homemade but durable mat so I can use them with a group of friends to practice martial arts.


We cannot afford the mats that are for sale in the sporthouses malls or in the internet.





Please, can you recommend the materials to me? Can you also give me the procedure on how to make them?





Thank you very much for your answers! :)|||Hmmm...This is potentially dangerous. You will need to be careful about doing this. A tip. I think you may be better off saving up, because matting is vital. You could buy some foam (hard foam-not soft) puzzle matting as it is quite cheap.





Making the matting will cost more, and take a long time.





I hope this helped!|||Hi there





I personally wouldn%26#039;t recommend building any due to the implications caused from injury. Why don%26#039;t you all chip in a just buy a couple. The interents a wonderful place so shop around for the best deals. Failing this you could go cap in hand and ask you local gym if they want to sell any old ones!





Regards





Idai|||I use an old rug we where going to throw away.|||AS others have said, practicing these throws can be dangerous, but as long as everyone is careful and knows how to fall, it shouldn%26#039;t be too bad. When I practice throws and whatnot, I take ten or more blankets and sleeping bags and lay them out flat one on top of the other. They may slide around a lot and they%26#039;re not nearly as good as the mats in a dojo, but it%26#039;s better than carpet or cement!!|||best way is bed. yes more bed


http://aikido-sport.blogspot.com/|||Depends on how big a space you want... Gymnasist use old foam matteresses for training... You could get a bunch of them from hard rubbish collections ;-)|||Since you are a judoka, I wouldn%26#039;t recommend practicing any Judo throws outside of your dojo... It is VERY dangerous to attempt these throws without the proper mat, which costs alot.. you can always practice ne-waza (ground techniques) on a thick rug or you can ask your sensei on different exercises to practice at home





But I wouldn%26#039;t recommend doing Judo/Jujitsu outside your dojo

No comments:

Post a Comment