Thursday, November 12, 2009

Which technique would be best to pair with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Japanese Jujitsu?

Like, for BJJ, what would be best to combine it with? Capoeira? I was thinking of doing that. Capoeira looks like fun and a good work out.





But I also hear that Japanese JJ is better than Brazilian JJ for self defense. If I were to do Japanese JJ, which other martial art would be best to combine it with?|||Muay Thai! =]|||I must be honest, I am a bit of a traditionalist, but you need to have a good all round fitness as well as be really supple for Capoeira.


I also really enjoy the Bjj as taught by the Gracies, but as a traditionalist, I would agree that the original is the way to go.


As for the best combination for your other choice, I would go for something that has a lot of real situation training, such as a Mixed Martial Art.


As I said before, I am a traditionalist, but we all have to face facts - we live in a violent society, so we need to adapt our strategy accordingly. Check out this site and see if there is a training center close to you!


www.combatcoaching.com


By the way, cool answer to the hot sauce kid!!|||You could be highly experimental. I am just throwing out a suggestion here. Have you seen white eyebrow? Or the movements in chen style? I take Brazilian Jujitsu and Muai Thai, but I started learning white eyebrow and chen this morning. I see how the 4 martial arts will overlap and create movement patterns that will literaly cause my enemy to see me as a optical illusion based on how I postition my body, cool huh? Check out this site,


http://kungfu.f-sw.com|||There are no best pairs.








Japanese jujitsu is already a combination of arts. Actually it is the origin of several arts. (judo, aikido , and karate all came from jujitsu)





Later BJJ came from judo which came from jujitsu.|||Capoeira is nice and all to keep you in shape


you learn some great moves for showing off





but thats it





if you went to say kick someone in the face, and you planted your hands on the ground


and they gave a solid low level kick


arm versus leg


leg wins


and you fall on your head





my sensei took some capoeria training for about 3 months he said


he uses one kick outa of the whole 3 months in his MMA dojo and its a spinning back kick where you place your hand on the ground for more balance|||Maybe you should try and combine it with a stand-up style like boxing or Muay Thai. Or you can combine it with another type of grappling style to have wider range of techniques for ground games.|||mauy thai

No comments:

Post a Comment