Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am from the Philadelphia area and am interested in learning Jujitsu. Is there a non intense school around?

I am in full time grad school so I don%26#039;t have a great deal of free time. Also, I am not interested in competing. I just find it interesting and would like to try it. Jujitsu schools have a reputation of being intense. I am not soft and I stay in pretty good shape, however I would prefer a more relaxed program without needless injuries to %26quot;break me in%26quot;.|||Well then I suggest you try to learn it over the internet or perhaps a book. A good school is pretty intense and time consuming trying to make sure you actually learn something. If you try to learn it via book or internet you will have it on your own pace. Martial arts aren%26#039;t for the busy. If you want to get good at it or just want the full experience you need a lot of spare time.|||I can%26#039;t suggest a school, because the only style I%26#039;ve ever trained is shotokan, but I can say that the fact that it%26#039;s called %26quot;Jujitsu%26quot; is a common mistake. There is no Japanese word %26quot;Jitsu%26quot; The word is %26quot;Jutsu%26quot;, so you maybe want to look for a school that advertises that.


The word %26quot;Jutsu%26quot; means %26quot;Style%26quot;, so %26quot;Ju Jutsu%26quot; would be a specific fighting style. For the most part, if the dojo doesn%26#039;t know that, they%26#039;re probably not the best place for you to go.





Ninjutsu is the fighting style of ninjas.

No comments:

Post a Comment