Saturday, November 14, 2009

What do I need to get done to create my own dojo/ryu (Jujitsu) ?

Planning on getting my black belt in Fuji Ryu Jujitsu and adding aiki techniques and naming it a different type of ryu (Fuji Ryu Aiki Jujitsu or something similiar to that) with Shihan%26#039;s approval.





www.el-aminryu.com|||Ah, but are any of us ever more than just masters of the basics? I would say it all the depends on the individual in question. How long have you trained and what it is your educational background? Do you have knowledge of the business side of things? Do you have a business license?





I (only) have a single black belt, but I have been training in various martial arts systems for over 17 years. Does that mean that I have not mastered more than %26quot;the basics%26quot;? Am I one of those people who train and train but %26quot;never seem to get anywhere%26quot;? Maybe, maybe not.





I have taught martial arts only as private lessons. But I have assisted in countless demonstrations, seminars and training camps for my teacher. It would appear that at first glance I still have not %26quot;acheived%26quot; the privilege of opening my own school.





However, I have two college degrees, and have been a public school teacher for 12 years. And if I have learned anything through all of my experiences, it%26#039;s that being a successful martials instructor has as much to do with business acumen as it does with knowing the lore of the art.





Who is to say who is ready? Only the individual can truly say. All one really needs to do is to apply all that training that has gone before to the goals now set in sight. 90% of all martial arts training is a contingency plan (what do you do if...?). So what are the contingencies of running a business? Answer that and you should be ready.





Best of Luck. I hope to be in that position myself in the near future.





VT|||i dont know much about da skills and experience required. but i hav seen dat there is somethin as dojo setup which is da plan of da dojo%26#039;s interior.


chek about dat aslo. u%26#039;ll b able 2 find it in da web.....i wish u good luck for ur dojo|||I suggest you study a lot more. You should learn how to run your own dojo during your training. If you have not learned such, then you are NOT ready to do so.|||You should be at least 5th degree before you open a school. A single blackbelt is basically a master of the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment