Friday, May 21, 2010

How is a half shoulder throw done from a rear bearhug?

I have a Jujitsu competition coming in about a few days, i wanted to know if their are any helpful tips or videos etc about doing a half-shoulder throw?





I%26#039;ve tried it numerous times sometimes i get it right other wrong, people tell me that you should not bend your legs but others say bend your legs and throw, any helpful suggestions?|||I would%26#039;nt do that throw from a bear hug ..is it overarm or underarm.





There are more effective counters even at beginners level.





Best wishes :)***|||I%26#039;m not an expert on Japanese Jujitsu, but it really depends on your opponent%26#039;s height. If they are too tall for you to wrench their arm with your knees bent you shout probably stand straight. I personally have always bent my right knee and ended in a crouching position. I know the throw damage is a lot less, but it makes it easier for me to go for a submission.|||Hi there





So so many factors involved here to give you a simple answer! Things like their height and weight as well as how the bear hug hold is applied? Are their arms around your arms or just your waist? Its more of a question of how you would take their balance that determines the kind of throw you would do? Forcing round pegs into square holes simply wont work no matter how compitent you are.





Best wishes





idai

No comments:

Post a Comment